#DoginWindow Competition: - Winner Announced!
To celebrate National Dog Day this year, we launched a nationwide #DoginWindow photo competition asking dog owners to share their best window snaps to find the UK’s cutest pooch.
After being inundated with hundreds of adorable entries - from pooches perched in windows After being inundated with hundreds of adorable entries - from pooches perched in windows people-watching to others overseeing their owner’s gardening skills, we’re excited to announce that we’ve picked our winner.
Huge congratulations to Kynda from Bolton!
About Our Winner
Kynda is an adorable eleven-month-old red golden retriever who lives with Gina (who submitted the entry), her husband and their two children in Bolton. The family has had Kynda since December 2019 and they’ve been inseparable ever since, with Kynda bringing an endless amount of love and joy into their home.
Explaining what Kynda was up to in the winning photo, owner Gina comments: “In the photo, Kynda is watching me trimming a conifer in the front garden, but she'll often go to the window just to watch people walk by. She'll sit in the window and wait for me to return if I pop out somewhere. It's so lovely being greeted by her when we come home as she’s always so happy to see us!
Kynda has officially been crowned the UK’s cutest pooch by Safestyle, with owner Gina taking home the prize of a £500 Love2Shop voucher as well as a few extra treats for herself - check out Kynda in her personalised goodies!
Owner Gina also adds; “Kynda has helped all of us to get through lockdown as we've taken it in turns to take her out for long walks or we've gone out together as a family on a few occasions. At home, she's brought us lots of love and laughter and gives the very best hugs! She uses her big front paws and wraps them around you. She's a very much loved member of our family and we're all very proud of her for winning Safestyle’s competition.”
Congratulations again to Kynda! We also want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone else that entered. Let’s remind ourselves of the close contenders in the competition; here are the other top entries we shortlisted:
The Runners Up
'Tilly - just checking I've not missed any weeds whilst out gardening'
Emma - Ripon, North Yorkshire
'12 month old Reggie also known as Dobby for his cute ears and love of socks. He loves human watching whilst holding onto his favourite pair of socks and catching some sun!'
Laura - Grimsby
'My beautiful Patsy is too busy looking out for Daddy and ignoring the freshly cooked fillet steak!'
Verity - Congleton
'Pancake- looking at 2020 like…'
Layla - Folkestone
'Honey the rescue dog awaits the return of her faithful master.... with food.'
Jamie - Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
'Bubb (aka Velcro Dog), snoozing in the sunshine with his Human coz he's Old, Wise and Seen-It-All-Before, whilst young Tug keeps a watch out for any potential fun that might appear outside!'
Rose - Cornwall
'My dog Dexter watches out for me every time I come home, he's such a great companion and a happy little guy with a huge heart'
Laura - Birmingham
'Bruno....he’s doing his favourite thing, people and pooch watching! Keeping an eye on everyone'
Rowena - Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
'Coco the Cockapoo getting some fresh air and being nosey!'
Maria - East Morton, West Yorkshire
National Dog Day is not just a time to celebrate our special pets, but it’s also to help raise awareness around the number of dogs worldwide who face cruelty and harsh conditions. Therefore as part of this campaign, Safestyle has also donated £2,500 to Dog's Trust to show its appreciation.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is Safestyle UK whose registered office is at Style House, 14 Eldon Place, Bradford, BD1 3AZ
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Safestyle UK and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are listed above
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The photo needs to be owned by the entrant, or if the photo is not theirs, they must have permission to enter it from the owner of the photo/dog.
- The closing date for entry will be 11 pm, 31st August 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Submit a photo of your dog in your window (either from outside or inside) including a short description, along with your name, location and the name of your dog via the Safestyle UK website. The photo needs to be taken at your own home.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is as follows:
A £500 Love2shop voucher to spend on/towards a store of your choice.
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value, without giving notice.
- The best image entered will be deemed the winner, as decided by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and how the prize can be redeemed.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- By entering you agree to the use of your name in any publicity material, as well as your entry (photo and description). Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.