Friendly Faces competition: nominate your local lockdown heroes here!
9th October 2020
Over the last few months, many people have struggled and found it extremely hard not being able to see their family and friends as often as they usually would. However, there’s been a number of friendly faces that have continued to show up at our doors throughout this troubling time and really brighten up the day for those who’ve been cooped up at home.
We’d like to recognise these local lockdown heroes and shine a light on some of these kind-hearted individuals by launching a nationwide competition to discover some of the most heartwarming and touching stories across the UK.
Perhaps your postman donned fancy dress and kept your kids smiling whilst they weren’t able to go to school? Or maybe your window cleaner wrote a lovely uplifting message on your window out of soap suds to cheer you up?
No matter how big or small these kind gestures have been, we’d love for you to share these stories with us and nominate that special someone who has helped lift your spirits whilst being at home. We’d like to say a big thank you on your behalf and reward them with a very well deserved treat!
What will the winners receive?
We’ll be selecting our three favourite submissions and will get in touch with these local heroes to gift each of them £250 worth of vouchers.
How to enter
To enter someone, all you need to do is enter your details in the form below, explain who you’re nominating and how they lifted your spirits whilst being at home in lockdown - either from your door or through your window.
The competition starts on 9th October 2020 and ends on 30th November 2020 at 11pm.
Although unfortunately, not everyone has been so lucky to have someone brighten up their day; with many people experiencing feelings of loneliness throughout lockdown. Therefore, as part of this campaign we will also be donating £2,500 to a charity that offers support to anyone who needs to talk, in order to show our appreciation and raise awareness.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is Safestyle UK whose registered office is at Style House, 14 Eldon Place, Bradford, BD1 3AZ
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Safestyle UK and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are listed above
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- If submitting a photo as part of the entry, the photo needs to be owned by the entrant and must have the consent from all parties pictured, in order to be entered. If the image is not owned by the entrant, permission needs to be granted by the owner and all parties pictured, in order to submit the image as part of the entry for this competition.
- Entrants must have permission from the person they’re nominating to provide their full name within the submission
- The closing date for entry will be 11 pm, 30th November 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Enter the person you wish to nominate with a description on how they lifted your spirits whilst being at home in lockdown - either from your door or through your window, and include a photo if applicable. Submit these along with your name, location and the known details of the person you’re nominating via the Safestyle UK website (if you have permission to do so). If including a photo, this needs to be taken at your own home and you must have permission from everyone in the photo in order to enter it into this competition.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The three top submissions will be picked as the winning entries. The prize for each person is as follows:
A £250 voucher from any one of the following companies: Treatwell, Red Letter Days or Love2shop
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value, without giving notice.
- The best three entries will be deemed the winners, as decided by the Promoter.
- Once the winners have been decided, those who submitted the entries (and made the nominations) will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date. If the nominated winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winners with when and how the prizes can be redeemed.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- If an entrant’s nomination is picked as one of the three winning submissions, the entrant agrees to the use of his/her names in any publicity material, as well as their nomination entry (description and photo if applicable). Any personal data relating to the entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrants’ prior consent.
- If the winners of the competition accept their nominations and prizes, the winners agree to the use of his/her names in any publicity material, as well as their nomination entry (description and photo if applicable). Any personal data relating to the winner will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.