What is the Green Homes Grant scheme and do I qualify?
8th October 2020
On the 30th of September 2020 the new Green Homes Grant scheme launched, allowing homeowners in England the opportunity to apply for vouchers worth up to £10,000 towards the cost of installing energy efficient improvements to their homes.
If you’re a homeowner or residential landlord you can apply for a Green Homes Grant voucher, but it is worth noting that the work must be completed by the 31st of March 2021.
For full guidance on eligibility and how to apply for the Green Homes Grant, visit the Government website.
Here at Safestyle we already have a range of great offers and fantastic finance packages available for our customers without the administration of the Government’s Green Homes Grant scheme.
There are 3 key points you may want to consider before applying for a Green Homes Grant voucher for your windows:
- Double glazing is a secondary Measure so cannot be used unless a primary measure is also being carried out (a full list of primary and secondary measures is below).
- If Double Glazing is included, it cannot exceed the cost of the primary measure.
- It can only be used to replace single glazing.
The voucher must be used to install at least 1 primary measure.
The following insulation measures are covered by the voucher:
- solid wall insulation (internal or external)
- cavity wall insulation
- under-floor insulation (solid floor, suspended floor)
- loft insulation
- flat roof insulation
- pitched roof insulation
- room in roof insulation
- insulating a park home
Low carbon heat
The following low carbon heating measures are covered by the voucher:
- air or ground source heat pump
- solar thermal (liquid filled flat plate or evacuated tube collector)
- biomass boiler or hybrid heat pump
If you install at least 1 primary measure, your voucher can be used to help cover the cost of any of the following secondary measures.
The amount you get towards the cost of secondary measures cannot exceed the amount you get for primary measures.
You will only be able to redeem vouchers for secondary measures once you have installed a primary measure and redeemed the vouchers for that measure.
Windows and doors
The following measures are covered by the voucher:
- draught proofing
- double or triple glazing (where replacing single glazing)
- secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing)
With over 25 years experience installing affordable, high quality windows and doors across England and Wales we are proud of the service we offer to our customers. Furthermore, all of our windows and doors come with an easily transferable 10 year guarantee for added peace of mind.
Our membership of the Glass and Glazing Federation, its offshoot the Fenestration Self-Assessment Scheme - commonly referred to as FENSA - the approval of our products (EcoDiamond™ and Sliding Sash windows) by the Energy Saving Trust, and the validation of our workmanship by the TrustMark scheme are a way to ensure that every aspect of our work is at the forefront of our industry.
If you’re interested in getting some replacement windows and doors, please fill out our quick and easy quote form today for a free, no-obligation quote.